Saturday, August 25, 2007

Move to Alabama

Dear, lovely people! The lack in posting I attribute to a MONTH-LONG move, as well as general lack of news to post.

After all, it’s not like I had a digital camera to record the TEN-HOUR drive from Illinois to Alabama. If I had, these are some of the moment I could have captured: Getting in my first car accident (I was rear-ended, and it wasn’t my fault), a mobile home with a tree through it, a store that sells only socks (30 pair for 10 bucks), a strip club next to a church, a life-sized replica of a spaceship, our house deal falling through, flooding in our next house, and finally moving in only to find half our stuff was left in Chicago. Oh no!

But then again, this blog is mostly about writing, and I’m not in a very outwardly productive stage right now. I have nearly completed my sixth book, entitled Go Look There, which is a magical-realism collection of childhood stories, interspersed with the letters of the local psychologist and the local custodian. Now, while all of that is very exciting for me personally, it doesn’t make for much to blog about.

And then… And then I finally got my graduation gift, a MacBook, and the world changed. I’m a PC gal myself (or so I thought), until I discovered the PhotoBooth feature.

After that, I was hooked. And now, having been gifted with a built-in camera (albeit one that is permanently attached to my laptop), I can share, with pictures, some of the things I’ve been up to...

No comments: